Have you heard this phrase before, “Jack of all trades, master of none”? This is a phrase that sums up most woodworkers who work from home. How can you be successful if 1 month you’re learning to build chairs and the next month you’re learning to turn bowls? The usual and short answer is you can’t. Successful home based woodworkers have the following traits. If you want to succeed you would be wise to follow these suggestions.
- Find out what form of woodworking you enjoy the most
- Learn how to produce this product quickly without sacrificing quality
- Learn how to produce this product in the most cost effective way possible
- Learn how to market this product so that you can reach your target audience
- Lastly, be persistent and keep on improving what you do
If you follow the above suggestions and are proficient at them you cannot help but be successful.