I am asked the following question multiple times weekly: How can I grow my woodworking business? I can usually answer that question in a concise and accurate manner. BE CONSISTENT.
Let’s look and see what a weekly schedule looks like:
- Monday: Pick out your materials and organize your marketing
- Tuesday: Start building your orders. Call your existing customers and return calls to your prospective customers
- Wednesday: Implement your marketing. Meet your new customers. Continue working on your orders.
- Thursday: Start to complete your orders. Your new marketing will now start to take effect. Field those calls and answer questions.
- Friday: Finish orders. Either deliver them or schedule time for your customer to pick them up. Clean up shop. Reach out to customers who have called you in the past.
- Saturday: Check to make sure you on-going marketing is in place. Develop new methods to market.
- Sunday: Go to church. Spend time with your family. Watch some football.
If you do the above on a consistent, week-by-week basis, you will discipline yourself to be more organized and your woodworking business will grow!